1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brightest LED hideaways ???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SnowGuy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Can anybody tell me who makes the brightest LED corner "strobes" ??? I am getting ready to buy a set in the next 2-3 days. THANKS for any and all help / comments !!!
  2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

LEDs and Strobes are 2 different items. Strobe wise the Nova Xpak904 is the brighest strobe power supply you can get. It will run 4 strobes total and give you 22.5 watts per strobe which is very bright. LED wise the Whelen LAW kits are the brightest but costly. The Vertex are by far the most economical and give very good light output. If you are going to go with all clear they go with the strobes as they still are a great light. LEDs bigest benefits are that they give off much better color than strobes. So if you have to run amber go with the LEDs.
  3. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

I'm kinda parcial to the WHELENs for brightness and performance all the way around, but thats just me.

One thing though no matter what you go with if your putting them in the composit style light housings be carefull. use silicone and make sure you get a really good seal. moisture gets in and messes up the chrome reflectors and lenses.