1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brightest Amber LED light bar ???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SnowGuy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Can anybody tell me their opinion as to which LED full size light bar is the brightest and most eye catching ??? I am getting ready to pull the trigger and I do not care how much it is, I just want it to be the brightest one I can find. THANKS for your opinions and help !!!

2. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Hard to say, but either Whelen or SoundOff.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I reseached like you are doing, in the end my pick was Whelen Liberty.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/Whelen-Liberty-Lightbar-Promo-Sale-Fully-Loaded-Lightbars.html

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got a 24" Federal Signal Legend that is pretty intense. Never compared it to a Whelen or other major brand though.

6. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Pretty Much Hands down Whelen Liberty

7. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Hands down Whelen. You just have to see it in person to believe us...

8. 1olddogtwo

9. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Tomar Blade or Whelen Liberty.

10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

got to agree with this thread ... or instead of Liberty the Justice is awesome as well anything from Whelen is the best ..

11. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

THANKS guys, going with a new fully loaded Liberty bar and Atomic led strobed cab lights. Bet they will see my coming after the install !!!

12. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Awesome. You can't beat Whelen. Post a video when everything is installed

13. 1olddogtwo

14. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

show us some pics or video ..... i may have to get one myself

15. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I have to agree with everyone else the Liberty is one of the best bars made.

16. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Is there an actual measurement done by manufacturers?

Like I said Whelen's are great, but it is very close between those and a SoundOff. I've been switching to SoundOff because they're less expensive. And I have had some flasher issues with the Whelen's, which they have fixed under warranty.

17. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

dfd9, I went to Parr Supply and they have numerous bars and the liberty is hands down the brightest and they made a special purchase from Whelen that they can sell me a fully loaded amber bar (no open spaces) for 1400.00 !!!

18. ULM2013

ULM2013 Member

If you wanted to get technical the federal signal legend is brighter than a liberty. But every big manufacture has a lightbar thats as bright as the next.

19. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

AGREED.. it was the first one i bought for a 06 f350... its 4yrs old now at least, all amber, and damn, on a highway or around reflective signs it looks like everything is flashing a mile away even!

bright enough that we bought justice full bars for other trucks, mini justice $550 bars for others and i figued anything whelen will be plenty bright for snow plowing lol.. the liberty is just ungodly bright though... most cop cars at least all state police in NJ have them, almost annoying b/c so many cops run around or are parked with them on, at night its a bad distraction and hard to see past them.

20. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i would go with the code 3 excalibur. as they are very bright.