1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brighter lighting solution on VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 4x4Farmer, Nov 4, 2012.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

So I dont really have a problem with the lighting on the vxt..seems bright enough...but I was just wondering if anybody had figured out if you can keep the low beams on when your high beams are switched on. Just a thought...you can never go to bright!

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I know there's quite a few guys that have fit HID's in the newer boss lights. Might be worth a search on here I remember there being a pretty lengthy thread on it somewhere.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I can't remember...do the lows switch off? Or do the highs just add to the lows?
    I have a fix for running my fogs with my highbeams with a jumper, so I know what you're getting at. You want to use all the available bulbs for more light. I had the plow hooked up last week but now you've got my brain turning.:confused:

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

there is an article on the boss website I believe called dual burn. It's under the service area

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

thats what I was looking for! thanks guys!

7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

If you actually have a V-XT (flared wing) that you purchased new from a BOSS Dealer, it should have been wired so that the low beams and high beams work when you turn the high beams on.

8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I had a old 8'2 so I didnt have anything changed on the truck side..just bought a new plow and hooked it on.

9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

all of ours are wired that way also

10. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I do believe you need to order the dual burn kit for this to be true.

11. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

So what is the deal on this dual burn kit with a 2012 VXT? Is it supposed to come included with a 2012 VXT then?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

DB has been around since the new style headlamps in '08. If the truck side harness has 5 relays in the relay bank (instead of 4) then the DB is there.

13. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I understand this B&B but are the 2012 VXTs supposed to come with the dual burn kit included? I know the 2010 model installed on my '06 came with it (had 5 relays included) but I don't recall seeing 5 relays on the new 2012 VXT just installed on the 2012 Dodge ... only 4. Gonna spend some time with the plow today so I'll check it out for sure.

14. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

I wired them that way .

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it should have if the wiring was purchased along with the new plow. If it doesn't have 5 relays, then they sold you the older style harness with your brand new plow.

16. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

5 relays ... all good. thanks man Thumbs Up

17. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

How can you verify the dual burn is actually working properly? Does the "dual burn" just mean that both bulbs light up when on high beam?

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That is correct.

19. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i didnt order dual burn in mine its a 2008-09 model and it came with dual burn so you dont and 2008 and up plows are all dual burn "IF" you installed the new truck side harness that has the 5 relay bank in the harness

20. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I didn't realize that until I read this thread....mine is an 07. Blast it...missed it by a year! Seem pretty easy to install. I just have to get around to buying the kit.