1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brighter dodge headlights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by xtreem3d, Nov 19, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys,
    my 97,98,99 rams have that yellowy tint to the clear lens that make then dull at night, is there a brightest replacement bulb for them or i thought it was possible to polish out the yellow?any help would be great,
    thanks,
    steve

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

3. xtreem3d

thanks....gonna try it tomorrow, those yellow lights are killin' me

4. THEGOLDPRO

haha i know the feeling, its like night and day when you get em all cleaned up. good luck take some before and after pics as well if you can.

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

get a buffer ball for your cordless drill( I found the drill better because you can hold it alot easier then a polisher use mcguires scratch x and polish them, mine turned out well. also replaced the bulbs with silverstar bulbs

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I believe you can find a product called nuvi plastic polish at a auto body shop and like suggested you can use a buffer on a drill.
    just keep the rpm's low.

8. xtreem3d

guys thanks for all the tips...i used the wet sand/clearcoat method today on my 97 and 98 rams...it worked unbelievable and i didn't even use 2000 grit on the final step. also ordered the 100 watt bulbs,
    thanks again,
    steve
    ps didn't even think to bring the camera

9. THEGOLDPRO

sweet man glad it worked out for ya!!

10. xtreem3d

couldn't of done it without you ..hehe :waving: