1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Briggs and Stratton Throttle Set up ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Kubota 8540, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Is anyone familiar with Briggs and Stratton throttle set ups on horizontal engines? What I'm looking to do is setup a 5.5 hp Briggs horizontal engine with the same type electric controls that a V box spreader has. So that I can start my sprayer engine from the cab of the truck. I know Briggs offers different style throttle setups but thats all I know. I need more detail info, parts #'s etc?
  2. leon

leon Senior Member

Briggs and Stratton engines

The B+S engine(s) line up do not have an electric remote unfortunately from

what I have knowledge of with regard to all the current small B+S engines and the

larger vanguard motors.

the engines are either with ir without reduction gearboxes and or "complete units"

with integral controls and fuel tank or just the bare engine them selves.

You would be better off using a small generator and a 110 volt pendant

control for an electric pump drive set up as you will use less fuel.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I use a Honda on my sander and it has electronic throttle and choke
  4. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Right, but its a vertical shaft. I have never seen a horizontal shaft engine set up with the electric throttle. I think there are 3 different throttle plates for Briggs but I dont know much more. Standard, remote and ?
  5. leon

leon Senior Member

B+S engines

Load sensing throttles from what I remember as well.

Some of the small horizontals had remote electric start but they were for the "original" Troy Built" rototillers in 7 and 8 horse power frames.