1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Briggs and Stratton/Snapper Rider Oil Change

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Stik208, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I need a hand changing my oil in this rider that I have been using at my house. I am not sure what model the rider is but I think the engine is 14.5 hp. It appears that the drain is on the dipstick but I am not sure. If anyone could give me the steps on how to that would be great.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Most small engine equipment have a drain on the bottom of the engine. It's a 3/8's drive plug.Insert a 3/8 drive ratchet and or extension and turn to the left. ( rightly tightly/ lefty loosey ) You have to clean all the built up stuff off of the bottom of the engine mower area. It is there you just have to find it. Most times it's a few inches from the shaft of the engine. Most rider mowers have a side drain for oil. It will have a pipe near the oil fill at the bottom. It also will have a plug you need to take out. You drain into a container and recycle the oil.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  3. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes , thats the crankcase drain at bottom of dipstick.
  4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Find a tube to fit over the end of that nipple you have pictured then push in, turn it and pull it out. It shouldn't be hard to turn or pull out.