1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bridging in tailgate spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fms, Feb 1, 2006.

1. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a Curtis 2000 (or something like that) and a pull behind for my ATV.
    I've tried running salt and magic through both and its been useless due to bridging. Are there any tricks to keeping the material from bridging?
    I'm sure that this subject has been beat to death and I apologize for not searching for the answer, but any help would be appreciated.

2. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

key is to keep everything as dry as possible..

if it happens on ours we just jump out and poke it down with the end of a shovel and it usually will take care of it self.

this is a v-box correect?

3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Click on the Karrier link above and purchase a vibrator. Particularly if you are using Magic, it will keep it moving.

4. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Using dry material is the biggest, but that isn't always possible. I started spraying the inside with dupont spray lubricant. Ever since, I haven't had any problems. I found it at Lowe's.

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

You can always add a vibrator, but that can be expensive.

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We use vibrators on all of our meyers 36000 tailgate spreaders and run bulk salt without any problems...the vibrators pay for themselves in one storm!