1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bridgestone Duravis tires????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dfor, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

I bought a new '06 GMC K2500HD pickup about a month ago. It came with the Bridgestone Duravis tires. I haven't heard all too many good things about them. But, how are they in the snow while plowing?? I'm sure alot of you have them, being that they are standard tires for new GM trucks.
  2. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Mine are sitting stacked up behind the garage, where they'll sit for 38 more months.
    I read reviews and ordered new tires when I finished reading.

Bridgestone dueller A/T Revo's in 285, now they dont look like pizza cutters.
  3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

The Bridgestone Duravis tires in my mind are only good for 3 season use. They are terrible when it comes to winter use. Last year it snowed before I had the chance to get my snow tires on. They were terrible in the snow and I would not reccomend plowing with them. I would invest in a good quality 8-10 ply snow tires. I have a second set of wheels (steel for winter use) with my Cooper MSR's already mounted and balanced.
  4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

You'll really like those Dueller Revo's Jeff. They are pretty nice in the snow!
  5. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

Ive been checking around because Im looking for new tires .The firestone destination LE sounds good for all seanson tire , I think Im going with them .