1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brickmen Group Sold

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless440, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

They sold last month $1.6 Billion...

Insane a company in this industry can cash out that high..

Maybe the new guys will run it into the ground:D

2. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Who bought them?

3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

4. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Oh yea they will. The new company will try to milk it out for as much profit as possible.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I wonder if payment will be faster Im still waiting on Irrigation shut down payment since Oct 31

I hope there prices go up since in my area. They are 30-40% below market value But then again there price might be right on but after they take there cut out we are left holding the bag

I can only dream

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

They may be lower on maintenance and normal work. But they make it up on mulch, side work etc

8. Antlerart06

Summer work is on the market Snow isn't That's how I see it in my area

Plus there no side work during the winter time

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Well they offered me 15 locations for snow within ten minutes of each other. For one or two, no way I could do it. But for all 15 it was fine. Would have been about $4k profit just in sidewalk shoveling per storm

10. Antlerart06

Who likes shoveling sidewalks

What was the deal You Said((( Would have been))))

Always look like profit till the end of the season and there is no profit

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I didnt feel like juggling sidewalk crews. Thats all

It was profit. I know my numbers. It was over storm. They also had me for another set that was around $4k for for 10 banks within 5 minutes of each other.

I just hate doing small lots. Lol

12. Antlerart06

So you never got the contacts. You only looking at the numbers.

Then how do you know there was a profit .

I'm sorry but at end of the season when I see a true profit

4k for 10 banks That doesn't even sound like a profit

13. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Brickman gives you what they pay. Its not too negotiable. I know who took the contracts anyway. I ain't stupid I know my numbers. How is $4k per 4 inch storm not a profit to you? That wasn't how much the contract was for

14. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Unless you have them where you want them they pay low..... They called me this season. Had a bunch of small spots that belonged to a telephone company. they gave me there pricing, I laughed....... they said lets negotiate. By the time it was all said and done Im making killer money and I got them to more than double there pricing on these locations AND what was goofey was they wanted a 8" plow trigger on these. I laughed again and said 2" or nothing. they called me back with 4" trigger. I said sorry 2" or nothing. They finally agreed. Now all I need it to do is freaking SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id say I got them just in time because the more hands involved with "brickman" the more of a pain it will be to get paid and deal with them. Ill ride out this year and c-ya........ I do hate to see them sell out though. Atleast they actually do this type of work where as a lot of them "ferendino" type subcontract companies have no idea what the hell is involved. Just pencil pushers........ Oh well........... I wont starve without them.

15. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

I think you two above are thinking two different things. 4K per 4" storm is awesome which I think is what hes saying. The other is saying 4K at the end of the year as a profit I think??????? I may be wrong????

16. Antlerart06

Now you say that's not the price of the contact Are you just BS on numbers or what

4k for 10 Banks What is total sq. feet of all 10 banks

Never seen 10 Banks being so close to each other all 5 mins apart

17. Antlerart06

I know what he is saying but did you read the 4k is for 10 banks at 4in snow
    How big are the banks

18. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I too have a number of small telephone company locations and almost fell over when they gave me prices and in a GOOD way! Also have quite a few banks with them too a couple are priced low but as a whole it's very good money.

19. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Yea... Brickmen...

I hate them, would never sub for them... They have stole so much work from all us local guys.. I hope they crash and burn.. I bided some mowing against them $175 a cut to my $425.. I made the manager email me their contract because i didn't be leave her.