1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brickman group...to sub or not to sub

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowman5313, Jul 11, 2009.

1. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

Just wondering if any of you guys sub out Brickman group. How they pay? How it went? If you'd ever do that again?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Brickman is the 3rd Largest Lawn / Land / Snow company in America, right behind Trugreen and number one Valley Crest.

They have got to be doing something right.

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

are you sure? I thought brickman was number one?

as for subing for them, it all depends on the shop you are working with.

some rock, and other dont call you until there is only 4 hours of work left....

4. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

what states does each company work in BRICKMAN .TRUGREEN. VALLEY CREST i'm in n.e. PA do they have any thing in this area

5. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

Hate Brickman, never have worked for them. They have taken alot of contracts, they come and even go after the little guy's stuff. Once your that size, stay in your area and leave the little guy's stuff alone.
    Do know people that have subed off them, never had any complants.

6. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

i have seen all the bashing Brickman Group got on here i called that Rolan Allen #s disconnected emailed got no response from them called corp office reginal mngr is meeting until Friday

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

They are #1, don't know about working for them.

8. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have subbed to them for the last 3 years.....my contact is great and he really looks out for subs that are reliable and do good work.... I get $115 / hour for truck with plow and salter, and $80/hr for plow......

9. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

for that rate I would rather sit on my beanbag chair in my underwear eating cheetos....

10. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

Don't know what their ranking is but how they got there was under bidding and if they keep it up they will be out soon. they keep pissing people of around here and losing work. I work for them once and would rather eat a bullet before doing it again. Give them sometime with their clients and the clients will come crawling to you, at least thats whats happening around here.

11. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

actually trugreen is 1 then valley crest then brickman,In northern illinois there big,and low bidding at least this year ive been told from an inside there bidding jobs at cost just to keep there full time guys busy,I dont think they even sub contractors in illinois

12. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

They drive me crazy around here. They have a crew of 4 guys for your typical bank mowing job, and 1 is working, while the other 3 are standing around talking. And I am sure they are not cheap for the bank.