1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Breathing new life into an old Fisher MM1

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by coostv, Sep 10, 2011.

1. coostv

coostv Junior Member

I picked this plow up off of Craigslist 2 weeks ago. I wired the truck (95 F150) and am now in process of rebuilding it. I have it torn apart and now trying to find a blaster who will do it for a reasonable price. Hopefully I will get it dropped off this next week for blasting.

Sure makes a mess! Here is the A Frame.

I will be needing to order a few parts, but I will worry about that after the blasting is completed.

I will update as progress is made.
  2. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Looks like I'm not the only one in the process of resurecting a MM1. Man are these things ever a work load to redo
  3. coostv

coostv Junior Member

Yes they are. I don't mind, compared to what I had into my SnoWay just for wiring and a used mount, I should have into this plow complete! Okay, maybe a couple hundred more...

I do not mind the work though, the end result is always rewarding. Good luck with yours!
  4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

post pics when your done would like to see how it turned out

and what kind of truck is it going on
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

snoplowpro : reread the orignal post he said 95 f150.

and good start to a bffy plow setup.

rustoleum safty yellow/sunburst yellow is a super close color to fisher yellow. its what i used on my 8ft blade. check my sig line pic to see.
  6. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

Definitely would like to see pictures of your progress. I am using a used MM1 that I want to paint soon.
  7. coostv

coostv Junior Member

I plan to post my progress as I go.

Yup, 95 Shortbox F150.

Thanks for the tip on the paint.
  8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

9. coostv

coostv Junior Member

Some momentum has begun on this project. I have been busy with a repairable car I bought for my wife, now that I have it ready to go to the frame shop I can get back to the plow.

Here is the A frame all painted up. I used Valspar Tractor and Implement paint with hardener from TSC for this and the headgear. I had to play with the thinner mix ratio to get it to spray from my gun. Once I finally had a mix ratio that worked with my spray tip I was off and running. I wish I could hang stuff like this in my booth as easily as in the main part of the shop. it is so much nicer to be able to leave the room to clean a gun and get away from the cloud.

For some unknown reason this was the only picture I was able to upload to my image host today... I will have to upload the headgear and post it separately later when it finally lets me.

I have a few more parts to get ordered and I plan to pick up paint for the mold board later and paint it tomorrow. I should have it back together in a week or two depending on work and family scheduling.
  10. coostv

coostv Junior Member

Finally able to get more pictures loaded. Here is the headgear.

I had more time today than I thought. I was able to get the blade painted.

Now I know I will have this done in the next couple weeks. Just gotta order a few parts. Will post more pics as it is finished off. Not too bad for just having it sandblasted last week and had to patch a few holes in the blade. I am pretty happy with the way it is shaping up.
  11. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

whats that maroon primer that you used?
  12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Probably the same stuff i used on mine, its got a rust inhibitor/prohibitor in it.
  13. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

i used rusty metal primer from rustoleum....good stuff....same color put 2 coats on (brushed).........i finished off my plow with 3 coats of clear coat enamel from rustoleum...gives it a nice smooth finish and the protection of enamel....
  14. coostv

coostv Junior Member

It is Rusty Metal Primer. I have used it before and it works pretty well.

Just waiting for the time to get my wife's car off the lift so I can finish this thing off once and for all. Should not be long now.