1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Breather cap just popped

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dennis67, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dennis67

Dennis67 Junior Member
    from Mass

Hi, I just changed fluid in a 2 year old HT series MM2 set up. I put the breather cap back on, lifted blade and the cap blew apart. I cannot find the cap. I found the spring, valve and of course it was screwed in so I have that. Anything I can do to get thru the storm we have coming right now? All dealers are closed.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The breather is a pipe thread, pretty sure it's 3/8". Go pickup a brass plug in that size at Lowes/Home Depot/wherever. Drill a very small hole in it. Run it for the storm until you get a new breather.

3. Dennis67

Dennis67 Junior Member
    from Mass

Thank you so much! It is 3/8. I seriously cannot believe I found everything except the largest part. Seriously, thank you so much.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Have fun in the snow, remember nobody knows how to drive for the first couple of storms.