1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking welds, and are new parts available?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Zack1978, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

Hi everyone,
    I am the proud owner of a 1979 4x4 Toyota Short Bed pick up with a Fisher underhood hyd set up( the plow is circa 1982 I believe). While I was out plowing today, I caught the edge of the driveway VERY HARD; so hard in fact that I actually shot pieces of black top about 20 ft or so.Well low and behold I broke a weld on the plow frame. The weld that broke is a piece of metal that is attached near the front leaf spring. When you look at the plow head lights the pass side is now way lower as a direct result of the broken weld. What should I do? Should I just find a good welder to fix the problem, or are new parts available? Any ideas?

2. riding hard

riding hard Junior Member
    from 04973

broken weld

Can you give a picture? Sounds like the pushplate is what broke? The part that is bolted to the frame of the truck or is it the headgear/ A-Frame?
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Find a good welder

You'll probably have a tough time finding a new push plate for a vehicle of that age, so find a good welder in your area. Have him check everything over real good, repair any cracks or cracked welds, probabaly can reinforce any weak spots due to corrosion as well.
  4. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Weld it. However make sure the welder has everything "lined-up" cause there maybe other parts that bent before it gave way. Looks like a pretty easy job to do.