1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking in new BOSS formed edges.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjjn06, Dec 26, 2011.

1. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Just put a new set of BOSS formed cutting edges on my Power-V. The center of the formed egde (section that replaces that stinking horse shoe) is lower than the rest. What has worked best for breaking these in without damaging pavement?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One good night of plowing will take care of it.

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Put a picture up here, you may need to raise up your push bar one hole set. If the tip of your wings while in scoop aren't touching the ground.

4. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

I run around the local industrial park roadways throwin sparks and makin niose on a Sunday

5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

The Cost of those Edges......The only Break-in Time they would have is During the First Storm...:eek:

6. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

I have to agree somewhat, but, I also don't want to scratch our customers driveways so we will continue to do some break-in.

7. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

What methods do you use?

8. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Thats the only plowing I have done so far this year is to break in my new edges:realmad:

9. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Ive never had a set of those drag that center formed section. Either your mount is not at 14.5 or the rubber wedge on the a frame needs adjusted.