1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Break time. Lake effect kicking in for chicago.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Started friday night at 10pm and just got in (saturday) 1:20. Taking a break right now and gonna get a quick nap in. Then I will be heading back out. Drifting and blowing will be going on tonight. Everything went good. Trucks ran smooth. Ill try to get some pictures tonight guys. good luck new york boston guys!
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

another 4-8" time to sleep.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

In Kalamazoo for this one. Went out at 1am. Just got back in and going again tonite at 8pm.

Oh yeah...

Body = OW!

2 tylonol and sleep. Hope everyone is having fun and watching out for the @#^&% out driving in the center lanes sight see'ing.
  4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Just walked in the door. Went out at 6:00p.m. Friday night. I was out for 41 hours :help: I still have a few accounts to clean up.

We got almost 3 feel of snow in a days time! Man, I am hurtin' bad!!!
  5. ultimate plow

from N. IL

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im tired.......Started friday night and ended and finished EVERYTHING...start time friday 10pm. End time sunday 1pm. Got about 12 hours total of sleep time. Got about a foot of snow here.
  6. durchins

durchins Member

We got about a foot here too. Started Saturday morning at 2:00 finished Saturday evening at 6:00. Went back out Sunday morning at 2:00 and just finished at 1:00. 167 residentials, about 10 commercials and still counting. Three screaming kids under the age of 4 and an unsympathetic wife are going to make this a long day.
    Hope everyone in Chicago had a good weekend too.
  7. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed for 31 hours strait. Had only red bull and granola bars to eat and drink :p
  8. ultimate plow

from N. IL

That red bull is good stuff!!!!
  9. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

10. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

The only problem with Red Bull is the $$$$ they want for it! payup

$ 1.99 a pop!!

We should see if we can hole sale it we will all chip in and buy a pallet of it :nod:
  11. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

We finally got dumped on here in Cedar Lake!!! Started Friday night, and snowed and drifted pretty good. We got about 10 inches. I had just cleaned up my last job and was headed to drop my buddy off then go home to sleep. On the way to his house the lake effect stuff kicked in . And didn't stop ! We got another 21 inches of the white stuff on Saturday afternoon so that took a long time for me to clean up. Went to bed around 5:30 AM and got up at 9:00 AM, took a shower, ate breakfast, then plowed until 10:00 PM Sunday night. Just got in. I started the season with the same 4 jobs (accounts) that I have had for about 5 years. Today I picked up 4 possible res. driveway and 5 commercial jobs. Good thing I put the plow/commercial insurance on the truck the night of the big storm. Now I can afford to pay for the bloomin' insurance because of the new full time accounts now. I was going to give the stuff up until I picked up the jobs today. I also pickup up part of a Meyer mount for the Ram, so I will be putting one on the new truck for sure so I can sell the Ramcharger.

I'm rambling ! I need sleep. Be safe.

12. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

That's ok! Sam's Club! Like $34 for a case of 24. :D

Cedar Lake? I know that place! I know a guy that lives on 133rd St....I think thats the street.......
  13. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Guys try Monster with the green writing on the can. To me it taste a lot like red bull and has a little better kick. The can is like 20 0z and you can get it on sale 2 cans for what 1 redbull cost.
  14. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Yup, 133rd is the main east west road through town. Small town, I might know him.
  15. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Try Sobe adrenelen Rush. Pretty good stuff.