1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

break problem squeeling

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by golfmanres, Oct 24, 2002.

1. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Hello sorry for the repost if this has been covered before but i didnt find what i was looking for. I apply the breaks lightly to come to a complete stop and the squeeling starts, if i jam on the breaks i dont hear it. I replaced the front pads and rotors but havent touched the back drums. I am planing on doing them soon. But it is so hard to tell where the noise is coming from, what is the best way to tell? someone told me that it might be perfectly normal for breaks to squeel because it is metal to metal. but it has been geting worst. also i just had the truck inspected and it had gotten worst after that. Could it be break dust? please fill me in.
  2. ShafferNY

ShafferNY Junior Member

Did you put silicone grease on the backside of the pads? If not that'll probably stop it.