1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Break noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 12, 2010.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I have started to notice a sort of vibration noise when I back up and hit the breaks. I think its from the rear breaks on my 04 sierra. I am not sure if its from the weight of my ebling on the back weighting the truck down and the combo of going backwards too?
    I just had my front breaks done Rotors and pads. and the rears were done about 2 years ago rotors and pads. I have not checked them yet, but I am planning on it today. I am just curious if anyone has experenced this at all?. Its sounds like a truck with air breaks backing up slowing. Anyone if anyone has any imput I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Mine makes the same kind of noise that you talked about, mine starts after the truck sits for a few days and stops after about a hours working the truck (plowing) I think its a thin drum or out of adjustment shoes on one side.

Well I tore into it this afternoon and found out my pads and drum pads were shot. Not quite metal on metal yet but close. Let me tell you, the drums on these trucks for the E-breaks are a pain in the A$$. The drum pads weren't shot shot, but I figured why not.
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You should have just coated the pads in fluid film. Nothing makes noise then, lol. How's the snow up north Ryan?

Yeah i could of done that, but i would of still needed to get in there after my rim turned to metal on metal and then clean up the rims aswell. The snow has been treating us really well. I can't complain, we were supposed to get a big storm the other night but we got a lot more rain than expected and no snow, which was nice.