1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Branding

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by J & B Lawncare, Dec 14, 2005.

1. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

I was wondering if anyone does anything like this? Mounting a toy or replica of a plow truck on the work trucks and leaving it there year round. I can remember many years back a tractor lover mounting a International tractor to his hood as a ornament. As a branding tool this worked. His truck was just a truck no fancy tires, paint or do dads.

J & B lawn care

2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

i know what your talking about, but I don't see how this would relate to creating an image for you business "branding" elaborate.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman Junior Member

Branding is basically doing multiple things to make your business remembered or to just get your name out there.

4. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I sub contracted fencing from a fence contractor. He bought a brand new FORD 12 ft. flat bed truck. Had the doors lettered professionaly. Then he made side boards for it, and painted them this bright blue. It didn`t match the truck at all. UGLEY!!! I asked why he painted them that color, and he told me so people take notice. He`s doing real well with his buisness, so who am I to argue.:nod: