1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand spanking new Meyer, Brand new problem.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JayRod, Feb 15, 2013.

1. JayRod

JayRod Junior Member
    from PA

A while back I posted about being new and my set up which included a new e58 and harness on my 2004 chevy 2500hd. Some of you guys said: "why a new pump, just refurb the old one and you are good to go".......fast forward to yesterday, the friggin brand new pump leaked hydro all over the lower lot that I clear and stopped working. Luckily I had just finished and kept it in the upright pos. and drove straight to the dealer. Turns out that one of the seals on the inside was never greased so it finally blew. Unreal, we paid for this new pump so this would not happen and look what happened.
    Lessoned learned here. Murphys law or some sh#$................rant over...

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Sorry to hear that. The e47 pumps were pretty much bullet proof but the e58 and e60 seems to always give us problems. I always had a backup pump in each truck just in case.

3. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

I had the same problem on the e 58 when I bought mine in 2007. Brand new and ended up spraying hydro fluid all over the parking lot. It was fixed under warranty and was a known problem. A buddy of mine bought the exact same plow and we picked them up at the same time. Both broke down within 24 hrs of each other same problem. I think it was a faulty relief valve.

4. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Like the saying goes, " Buy new, it's half as good as the old." The problem is even though the repair is covered under warranty, it's doesn't cover your time, or lost productivity.

5. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

Well said FourDiamond, I have to admit I have no exsperience with myers, I started plowing with a 9 foot western uni mount then a fisher mm1 then to fisher mm2 and i gotta say as long as basic maintenance like making sure your hoses are not dry rotted and hydro oil is changed annually is done, fisher wont let you down, i also love how easy my mm2 is to take on and off, a minute is a lie i can do it in 30 seconds.