1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Western

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mdrichey, Dec 4, 2011.

1. mdrichey

mdrichey Junior Member

Okay need a little insite. We had our first snow of the season this week. I went and picked up my brand new western mvp Wednesday and used it for about 8 hrs. The next day I pulled into the shop and dropped the plow. Saturday I went into the shop and noticed about a quart of oil on the floor under the plow. After farther investigation I could see drops building up on the bottom side of the pump, but I can't figure out any place it is coming from. I live almost an hour from the dealership and if any of you guys have an idea im up for hearing it. I would hate to take it back to the dealership over something stupid like a lose fitting.
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Pull the plastic covers off the pump assembly and look for obvious leaks. If it's covered in oil, making it tough to see where it's leaking, then spray it down with brake cleaner and blow it dry, then run the plow through some cycles... shouldn't be too hard to see where it's coming from.
  3. mdrichey

mdrichey Junior Member

Just to let you guys with new plows know there is a 1/4" plug on the bottom of the pump. On my plow it is missing and it will leak at a steady drip so make sure you check that.:mad: In my opinion you pay in the upwards of 5k for a new plow this is ridiculous.