1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Western Ultra Pro 8'

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Synergyracing, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

2. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

did you have that on your Duramax truck?? If so...did it have the snow plow prep? Im looking at buying an ext cab short box d/a. Just curious thanx...also...if you don't mind...what did the whole setup set you back?

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i wish you had listed it last year i paid 3950 for mine

5. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

Yes, I used it on the Duramax. It has the snowplow prep package. The 8' and 7'6" make is squat a little even with weight in the rear..(600lbs). I installed Timbrens and it made a huge difference. The ride quality wasn't affected that much and now it looks a little lifted. It's an awesome truck to push snow with. The only thing I do not care for is the high gear ratio for reverse....I easily red-line it while backing up. So it takes a little longer to get somewhere in reverse....but all in all ...its a great truck.

I just got the 8' in october. I have (2) 7'6" Pro's that I use now but just sold one of them on ebay. I have to keep one so I can continue to plow but I had to reduce my overhead plus get rid of some "extras" so my ex wife couldn't get her bi*ch a$$ hands on any more $$$$$. I tell you what...a pre-nup if a must for any business owner...she was soo against me starting my own landscape and plowing business said it was a waste of money....then when she saw all the cash coming in...she wants it all!!! Damn it....there I go again...venting online...sorry guys! Happy plowing....we just got 8 inches.

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

DAMN WOMEN!..

That is the truck i am getting VERY soon. I was thinking about putting either an 8'2" or 9'2" Western MVP. Do you think that truck will handle it? They weigh about 950#. Did you crank on the torsion bars? Thanks