1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new vxf95 - wont go down

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by blwnsmoke, Jan 3, 2015.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Bought it 2 weeks ago. Hooked up today for the storm.. plowed my driveway then off to my accounts. First place, did 2 passes, now it wont go down. Goes in and out on both sides and up just fine, normal speed.

No codes on handheld... adjusted drop speed screw out many tevolutions.. Nothing!!. Unscrewed bottom hydraulic line from lift cylinder, plow dropped. Closed it, lifted it up, still wont drop.

Really pissed off and lost a lot of money tonight.. Off to dealer on Monday.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Here you go. Bottom of page 17. By the time you read this you'll probably have already figured it out though.

Check voltage at S1B valve coil
    Check S1B valve for contamination
    Check lift lock valve for contamination
    Check purple wire at S1B valve for continuity problem.

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

If the s1b valve has a bunch of gunk on it let us know. It was a huge issue that was fixed 2 yrs ago. If it's showing up again it would be a big set back.

4. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Will let you know, dropping truck off to be looked at tomorrow. All connections are clean, solenoid is clean.. last night was the 1st time using it so there is no contamination anywhere. Looks brand new.

5. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Defective controller out of the box!! Come on buyers, where is the quality control on this China crap?? Two defective ones on my EX90 and now a brand new defective one on this plow!!!

6. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Hate to throw this word out there but you get what you pay for. Ya every plow brand has problems but not like that

7. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

You could say that if every SD had problems. Scroll through all other plow brand forums and see how many people are asking for help. What kind of plow do you push?

8. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

I've got 3 snowdoggs 7.5 8 and 9 foot. All of them have light issues they rust out and can't chsnge the bulbs. There for you have replace the whole assembly. My blizzard 8100 had been great knock on wood. But like I said earlier. All the plows have problems