1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new V-XT questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stephanoooo, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Stephanoooo

Stephanoooo Junior Member
    from Alaska

I just had a V-XT installed and it seems to trip pretty easy. When it is raised in scoop I can just push down on the blade and it will trip forward. What is the happy medium here?
    Also I don't think the cylinders have enough pressure as they will fold back when I push into a pile. Should I take I back to the guys that put it together or can I do some adjustments of my own?
    Here is a link to picks of my new truck

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You can adjust the trip springs yourself but I'd have the dealer check out the pressure relief settings on the pump
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well you can adjust the spring but in scoop mode and up it will flop some Its best fold it back to str8 mode if you backing up
    For the plow folding back you need the locking cylinders that extra price from the dealer

Seen your pic nice setup
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Smart Locks won't help where the relief valves are set.