1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sno-mover, Oct 5, 2003.

1. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

:D Tomoro night I am picking up an 04' F250 Lariet FX4, 6.0 diesel and 5/auto. Has leather captins chairs, 6 disc cd, 3.73 L/S. Its black and silver two tone. I cant wait. A good friend of mine is good friends with the owner of the dealer, so I he was able to get me a good deal.:D Paid $36,800 inc $500 cash back @ 3.9% apr for 72mo.:waving:
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Sounds nice! Hope you get a good engine, keep your fingers crossed!
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Nice truck,almost too nice to plow with :D
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Does sound to good to plow,Now you need to get a junker to take the beating lol Good luck with her she sounds real nice.:drinkup:
  5. Santo

Santo Banned

Break-in Period ?

Sno-mover got to put atleast 500 clicks on the odometer before pushing.

The turnpike has a beatiful foliage this time of year.
  6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Get some pics when you can. Sounds like a nice ride. Let us know how your new diesel holds up, hope you have better luck than some of the guys ive been hearing about.
  7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Sounds like a nice truck. good luck with it. are you gonna be selling the 93 ford 250?
  8. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Good luck with it.Your gonna ove the powerstroke.Are you gonna be putting a plow on it?
  9. Santo

Santo Banned

OOOOOOh. Do I see Red and White Stock Rancho's up front???
  10. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Talk about plowing with luxury style. :D Hope that you would have good luck with that 6.0L diesel as other has not been so fortunate with as I heard. You should keep that '93 F250 and use it as a backup truck, or perhaps wait until next season before putting a plow on the new truck just to break it in and just to ride with it for a year.

That is what I did with my '02 2500HD. I got it last year summer, but waited for a year before getting the plow installed.
  11. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Thanks for all the kind words, and good wishes.:waving: I drove ithome tonight and wow, what a difference from the 93', its so comfortable, roomy, and drives smooth. The motor ran exclent and feals like it has pleanty of power, though I did not go past 2100rpms. According to the overhead consoul most or the ride home I was averaging 8.6mpg, when I got home I took my brother for a ride and was showing 10.2. Only three small down sides, it does not have plow prep, roof lights or T/T mirrors:( I am still going to put a plow on but have to make the ever tough decsion:dizzy: Western, fisher or boss, straight or v, what do you guys think.:confused:
  12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

All those plows are great choices. You might want to look into getting another Meyer since that is the plow you own now. Look into dealer support and prices in your area. :)
  13. phillyplowking1

Blizzard! or another meyers for parts convinence.
  14. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I am leaning towards pro +, or x-blade, bolth dealers are nearby.:waving:
  15. phillyplowking1

The blizzard dealer Histands is rite in Doylestown.Really good service.You should take a look at one.
  16. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I live about 10-12 min from there!:) I didnot know they were a dealer.

17. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard probably would be a good setup for your truck except that it is diesel. With the extra weight of diesel motor plus the fact that Blizzard 810 weighs over #1000, and without snowplow prep package, I am not sure if you would be able to do it. I do not mean in any way to bash down the idea but I just want to give some of my thought before you get excited over it and realized that it probably would not work.

Are you looking into getting a plow for your truck before this season or wait until next year?
  18. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Wxmn6, yes I definatly want to get a blade this year, I am going to look more into the pro plus, I called the dealer, and he did not have any in stock:rolleyes: I am going to do the install my self, in my fathers shop, we have all the tools.
    Do you have any more picts of your truck/plow, it looks like a great set-up.:waving:
  19. PreFabber

PreFabber Member
    from SE PA

i bought a boss superduty from Yocum Auto electric in Sellersville on old Rt 309. Great guys to deal with and i can't say enough about the plow itself. Very easy and fast hookup, and very well built. It's a strong plow with the cross bracing like the new fisher x-blade, and it's lighter than the old superduty, and a lot lighter than the Blizzard, which is a plus since you have the diesel. I did the install myself on my 98 k2500 and it was very simple to do so. If you go with boss, i'd definately get the hand control, it's great. Plus the Boss people themselves are very very great helpful people to deal with. I had contacted them about alternator recommendations, and the guy talked to engineering for me and all. So, that's my input, good luch with whatever you go with.
  20. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Whichever plow you put on that nice new rig you should do the Plow prep upgrade. Your alternator(s) depending on options on the truck should be sufficient however you will want to look at X code or heavier springs. As for the roof lights you can order the lights and wiring and do the install in about an hour. The power T/T mirrors with heat are great for snow plowing and not that big of an up grade either. If you have power mirrors now it's pull the door panels, Drop the speaker, Unbolt and mount the new one's. Connectors are with the replacement mirrors so it's plug and play.
    About $300.00 for non turn/run light and $425 for the turn/run light style.

04 Lariat with the FX4 will sit much better than the standard trucks however a stiffer front spring is in order to haul most any plow on the truck.

Check the weight on the Pro + and the X blade and you'll be suprised at how much they weigh. I wouldn't rule out the 810 Blizzard on that rig as you'll have plenty of power to make the push.

Good luck, Jerre