1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Snow Shovels.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Honest Mike, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

Hey guys. I have 3 brand new plastic snow shovels I bought last year as spares and never used them. I sold my truck and plow back in April and no longer do plowing/shoveling so Id like to sell these last few new shovels I have left. I had 8, my friend who also does plowing/shoveling bought 5, I have 3 left. 2 are the navy blue ones Home Depot sells with the metal wear strip at the bottom. The other is the more expensive yellow one, also from Home Depot, with the curved handle. It too has the metal wear edge at the bottom. These have never been used, not once, just bought and put into storage as spares. Im located in Northern NJ. ~Mike

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Should give price

3. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

You're right. I paid about $15 each for the blue ones and about $25 for the yellow one. I dont expect to get back what I paid for them. I'd take $40 for all 3...

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Isn't there a little old lady or two in your neighborhood you could donate them to ? That would be the Honest thing to do....

5. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

The little old ladies in my neighborhood pay to have someone plow and shovel for them...

6. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Donate them to a church and write the price off on your taxes.

7. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

How about my mint condition professional series Earthway Spreader, I guess just donate that too huh?? LOL

8. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Depends on the churches in your area and if they have a enough sidewalks to use it.

If you done with it and it is still useable why not, it is a tax write off.

If you plow a church charge them low rates and then tithe most it back every Sunday -(keep enough to pay for the gas and product)
    It works out well for everyone.
    They get the road and parking lot cleared almost for free and you get a nice tax write off.

9. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

I hear ya, never thought of it that way...