1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new plow, Lift ram leaking

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Nepatsfn, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Nepatsfn

Nepatsfn Junior Member
    from NH

Hi all, Bought a brand new MM2 LD back in November and finally got to use it on the valentines day storm.:nod: I noticed around the seal for the piston is leaking pretty good. Is this common or should i take it to dealer and have them fix it under warranty? I just hate paying almost 4 grand for something and have it not right:realmad: TIA Darryl
  2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Common or not I would take it back. Could get worse later. $4k is a lot of money for something that leaks.
  3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

it could be two things, it could be that the packing nut is to tight, or it could be loose... but 4k is 4k and i would bring it back to the dealer and make them fix it, this is when you find out how your dealer is , does the dealer say drop it off, or does he take it right in and fix it for you? good time to find out!
  4. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

A new fisher plow has a 2 season warentee , take it back to the dealer and have it fixed. These cylinders do not have packings they use a low friction cylinder and have an O ring under the gland nut.
  5. go plow

go plow Senior Member