1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new plow killing truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cmo18, Feb 12, 2012.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I had a new plow put on my truck friday and everything seemed to work good. A huge storm rolls in, I get into 1 hour of plowing and I hit the controller to move the blade and the complete truck dies.

2006 Dodge ram 2500, 5.9l throwing P2509 at first. I wiggled the connections and was able to get the truck going and limped through the storm but now I cannot touch the plow without killing the truck.

Codes as of tonight, P0088,0234,0483,2509.

Can bad batterys cause all this problem?

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

First thing I would do is check and see if the batteries and alternator are good. Then I would look into upgrading both. Check your plow wiring for bad wires, cuts, shorts, etc.
  3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Trade it in for a Ford:mechanic:
  4. doyles

doyles Member

go back to were you had the plow installed .have them test the plow moter and see if thats were the problem is.
  5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

New battery everything is up and working finally!!
  6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Bad batteries cause all sorts of havoc. On one of my loaders I replaced the batteries less than a year ago last fall. Getting it ready for snow this past fall, all sorts of starting issues, both batteries were bad, replaced just in time (one year free replacement), no problems since.
  7. rubbertrack

rubbertrack Junior Member

The plow is too big for a dodge, put on a ford a you'll be fine
  8. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

BLASPHAMY! Go forth and sin no more! :yow!:
  9. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Buy the Ford, strip it and sell the parts to other guys with Fords. Then take the profit and buy a new Dodge Cummins.

Problem solved. :laughing:
  10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

high 5 to golden arches!
  11. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

atta boy, well put! Dodge for life!
  12. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

why so he can put 10K into head studs and egr junk. lol

0483 is your fan clutch code.

I have an 05 once you get it straightend out you will love the truck, to me it sounds like you may have weak batterys. get them checked, then check everything on the plow harness could be something is shorting out.
  13. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

your not to bright are ya lol. I suppose my 8'6 mvp is to big for one to. i usually see most terds around here rolling with 7;6 westerns and complaining that they have to redo thier front ends.

155,000 miles on my stock ball joints with an 8' or bigger western pro (yea im lucky)
  14. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

A dead battery it was... everything works great now

20cm coming tonight cant wait!