1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new MVP PLUS POLY Squeeky

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jjmcnace, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

I have a brand new MVP PLUS POLY 7.5 and it wokrs great have moved alot of snow with it.

It just recently started squeeking when I pick it up or anlge it. Is this just from sno packed around the moving parts? There is not alot of snow and it is not really packed real hard, I have not found any grease fittings and there are none mentioned in the manual.

Anyone elses blade squeek like this?

2. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

I have the same plow and it only squeaks when it is very cold out.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure it's the plow itself squeaking and not the pump squealing?

If so, then I'd say the installer didn't grease anything as it was being assembled. Many don't.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

B&B ... your always a wealth of knowledge. I read through the MVP Plus manual is does not mention anything able greasing anything. I suspect I could infer the moving parts and the single hinge. How would you grease the single hinge? Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

5. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

It is definetely not the pump squealing. And It does only squeek when it is very cold outside.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The correct way to do it is to remove the pivot pins/pivot bolts and grease them by hand (like what should be done during assembly). But for now a little spray lube on all the pivot points will do the job to quiet it down.

Never could understand why the plow manufactures drag their feet to add grease points to their plows. Some finally did, wish the others would at least do the same.

7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if they built us everything on plows that we needed they wouldnt sell one to us every couple years when we broke them.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe, but I look at it from the warranty and company reputation related side. Who wants a brand new/3 month old plow that squeaks like a freight train as soon as it gets cold?

Either make the equipment greasable by the end user, or rely on the installer to do it on each and every plow during assembly...which would you choose?

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

id want the company to make it so the bushing or whatever they use dont go to poop in extreme cold its a plow for god sakes it gonna get cold

10. scottL

For the sky rocket cost I paid for my MVP Plus ... I could think of several items which should have had more quality, a few tiny features and a couple items which should be there for safety.

Last plow lasted me 10 years and I didn't think twice about it and now someone else is using it. This new one .... I'll have to wait and see I guess. ( The only redeeming factor is the tech support guy at western is decent and honest which mitigates the issues I feel I have run into).

11. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I had a older MVP plow I just got rid of I was wondering how much the new ones are running now?

12. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

stopped into a western dealer the other day just to look around, and the guy told me a 9.5 MVP PLUS steal was around $5500!!! I'm like holy crap!

13. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

Install one yourself, and you can get one from snow plow supply for $4500

14. scottL

Off season specials maybe 4,500 not installed. 5.5k for installed is pretty typical for the vee during season. Typically 300-500 for install labor.

15. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I just got a Boss 8.2 XT installed for 5900 so that isnt to bad for the Western