1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brand new mvp plus 8.6

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JRS Landscaping, Sep 10, 2012.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

plow only make offer.

mvp plus.jpg

2. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

ill come get it wed. if its plow and complete headgear its worth 1900 to me 631 6800079 thanks eric

3. JRS Landscaping

I must have forgot the "Reasonable offers" part. Thats a complete insult.

4. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Truckside New is 2k?

5. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

No insult intended

6. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

I'll have to check my notes in the car tomorrow but pretty sure that puppy is 6300 new and installed locally gotta save 1600 to pick it up and install myself. 631 680-0079 I am interested and once again no insult intended

7. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

plow side for a 8.6 v here is 5k

8. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Where are u? Truckside mounts and all electrical harness and controller here on li is 2k New the entire plow installed new is 6300

9. JRS Landscaping

bump it up!

10. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Where r u located?

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Post a starting price. I own 2, a backup might be nice.

12. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

starting price 1900

final bid 1999 thats what its worth

13. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Guys jrs is always selling something an his prices are always seam fair. With that said a truck side is not 2000 1000-1500 tops depending on how big a crook your western dealer is . Assembly of the plow is no biggie an the head gear is the same for all size blades if you wanted to swap to bigger or smaller at later date. A reasonable ball park is 3800-4000 but thats just my opinion take it with a grain of salt

14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I bought a brand new (dealer) 8.5 pro plow 3 springer for $1200. That was a plow blade. No rack, no mounting hardware, no springs, no markers, no nothing. So, that being said, for me to buy a straight blade for $1200 (discounted retail), that MVP has to be 3 to 4 times that amount and / or then some.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

No way you are buying new truck side for $1,000. The mount and wiring from Tim Walace is almost $1200 plus a left and right receiver for $130 each.

I think a fair price is $3000 but why doesn't he post what he wants then the stupid low offers might stop.

http://www.snowplowsupply.com/Catalog_Products.aspx?CAT=288

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  16. JRS Landscaping

Lets start 4500. the plow is fully assembled unlike in the picture. Called the dealer today $5k plus tax for plowside. Thanks for the kind words fathead1

osomany?s please leave my thread.

17. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

call tri-us in bohemia ny truckside for that blade is 1700 sorry i said 2k however the installed price is 6300 complete and installed!!! blade and headgear( new or used) not worth more than 2500.do the math....plus the time and energy involved in going to pick it up and so forth its not a problem if your saving 1800 its all good

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  18. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

complete new 8.5 v plow installed 6300 .all truckside items needed 1700...labor to install 500.

19. JRS Landscaping

Also will sell with truckside for 5300. have dodge and chevy mounts

20. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Maybe you should do the math first!

Take out your calculator and type in 6300 (you could use the one on the computer but I wouldn't want to confuse you explaining how to get to it). Now hit that button that looks like a small line. Push the numbers 1700, push that line button again and type in 500. Push the button with two lines on it. What's your total? It should be $4100. That's far from $2500! Your time and energy doesn't count. If it's not local enough for you then don't buy it! If it's not a good deal for you then don't buy it!

For a junior member, you're not making a great impression! GOOD LUCK!