1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brand new mvp plow 8.6

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 09dieselguy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

just ordered a new mvp 8.6 v blade today... anything to watch for.. were running them on 2 of the company trucks... ordered this one for personal truck,,, will get commercial use though

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

If you're already using 2 of them, don't you have a pretty good handle on what to watch for? :dizzy:

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

nothing stands out for tricks or tips - actually straight forward. I did pull the skin and re-paint the entire unit as it was already starting to rust out of the box.

4. 09dieselguy

nawh i dont run the trucks with the mvp's i run loaders and salters.

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Make sure you order the angle stop arms and snow deflectors. They are optional items now that are nice to have.

6. 09dieselguy

what you mean the angle lock arms.... you mean the locking cylinders and the deflectors come with my plow from the dealer

7. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I hope this helps you out. They are not an absolute necessity, but most would agree that they are nice to have if you want to fork out the extra money for them.

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i sure would....also ask for a 24" extention wire for controller so you can put it anywhere on your seat...not tied tight to the dash ya know