1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brand new mm2 hd problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cat320, Jan 27, 2015.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

plow seamed to be working fine then all of a sudden it would not lower ,raise or go left or right. it works then it does not work. it is only 1 month old it has the fish stick controls and I did notice this last time it the red on/off light blinked twice then went solid then after it start working again it then it would not raise and the light was blinking very fast continuously. any idea what the problem is . it was at the chevy dealer just before and the tech found a loose wire and went over it . worked good for 3 driveways then started up again .

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Assuming it is a 2 two plug fleet flex. Fast blink is security guard. We recently had a one month old XLS come back with same symptoms, turned we had to replace the plow module since his eventually stopped working all together.

But start with your connections, check fuses out on the plow and if possible and your dealer has a master control, have them reset the security guard feature.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

yes it has the 2 plugs and is a fleet flex the dealership said they checked all fuses and connections sounds like I will have to take a ride to the fisher dealer to have them get it squared away.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

went to dealer today and so far seams like the control module in the front under the plastic housing was bad . I hope that is the what the problem was.

5. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Which Fisher dealer did you use? I went to J.C. Madigan. They were pretty good, but its over an hour away from me...

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I went to franklin motors up in Dracut my truck and plow came from madigan . but the ride I thought was too long to go there so I went up there to franklin motors they where pretty good got me in today and I hope fixed the problem.

7. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Good to know. I agree, Madigan is very far. I live in Medford so its just over an hour away from me each way which sucks. Maybe next time I need service, I will check out franklin Motors.

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

The guys at Franklin motors are great.We have bought a few plows from them and get our parts from them.If you have a problem you can call them up and explain the problem and they will tell you how to fix or to bring it down to them and they can take a look at it.
    http://www.franklinmotorsofdracut.com/index.htm

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

sorry to say as hard as they looked and I thought the they got the problem solved still having problems. got in the truck this morning and it took a little while to get the plow to rise because it was not responding after a good 10 min of plowing at there place yesterday and then to finish a customers driveway I for sure thought the problem was solved . they will have to call fisher now and go over the whole thing but they where very good up at franklin it's just one of those problems plows just wish is was not mine .I wish fisher still had just a simple hookup for the plow this fleet flex may be good for guys who run many trucks and different plows but I don't 1 truck guy here .

10. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

what did they do to it if anything ?

11. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

2 things here Rick,first,there is a known issue with the controllers,from cords to keypads to pc boards and it is intermittent,if someone would loan you a controll you may eliminate that.
    Second,FleetFlex utilizes "signal" wires with a digital frequency,the newer trucks are also starting to use this technology on different components,they can cross signals,it doesn't occur often but it sounds like your running out of options,possibly reroute the harness's.