1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new Meyer Super V2

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ktfbgb, Oct 15, 2016.

1. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Hey fellas. So I bought a brand new Super V2 at the very end of last season. So the problem I'm having isnt due to wear and tear or anything. I hooked up the plow to the truck the other day and did pre season maintenance stuff. Went down to the flattest parking lot around to see how the plow was sitting. Unfortunately I didn't take any stinking pictures and I'm guessing we're gonna need some so I can take some this weekend if we need too. But maybe you guys already know the problem.

The driver side section of the plow sits nice and even on the pavement. The passenger side sits on the outside edge and by the time it gets to the inner edge it's sits off the pavement about a 1/4 inch. It's like this when in V, scoop and straight. However straight seems to be the most noticible. The geometry of how the two mold boards sit side by side seem to be a little different also. Driver side has a slightly more aggressive angle compared to the pass side moldboard.

My questions are is the geometry of the plow different from side to side because it is a V plow? In other words is it just inheritantly a little different?

Could the fact that it's just a 1/4 difference in cutting edge height be due to the fact that it's literally brand new and hasn't been broken in to allow a little play with everything.

Maybe when you actually drop the blade and start plowing will it just tighten up and square out?

Am I just an OCD freak and not worry about it? I know that technically the manual actually says to set the feet so that the cutting edge is a minimum of a half inch off the pavement and so technically the blade would be within spec? I know I know I don't even own a set for it but that's what they say.

I just don't want to run through cutting edges on the pass side faster than the driver side.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Start by measuring your cutting edge height at several points. First guess is something was stuck in trip edge causing uneven wear.

3. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

The plow is literally brand new. It hasn't seen any snow yet. The black paint isn't worn off the cutting edges yet lol.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

o_O Hasn't been used? Take it back to the dealer that installed it then. Get some pics still so we have something to argue about thou. :hammerhead:

5. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Ok will do. I just have so little time for going into the dealer I thought I'd check to see if anyone here knew about it. I'll get some pics. I'll make sure they are really crappy so you can't really see the problem and then everyone can argue over that lol. I don't have a lot of confidence in the dealer as after I got it installed I found several mounting bolts on the truck side frame that were only hand tight, they installed the wrong headlight module, they didn't adjust the trip springs at all, they were rattling the whole way home as they didn't have a bit of tension on them, and there were a couple other things I can't remember. It sucks because they are the biggest dealer in town and at least stock spare parts etc. but their techs suck so I would rather get parts from them and do it myself.

6. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Thought I would update. I looked closer at the moldboard and the geometry was different between the two. The way it was welded made it so that it was impossible for the cutting edge to contact the ground. Took it to the dealer today and showed them. Right away they said yep manufacturer defect, took pictures, and started a ticket with Meyer to get me a whole new pass side wing assembly. Hopefully I can get the new stuff before snow flies but who knows how long it will take to get it. They said if it snows before we get it I can bring the cutting edge in for that side and we can drill the holes out bigger on the press so that we can manually set that edge down further until the new wing comes in.