1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New MD75 Sprung a Leak :(

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Tundraplow07, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Tundraplow07

Tundraplow07 Member

Hey Guys
    It hasn't snowed yet and I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, Today I Drove it to the shop to get some fluid film coated on the plow so it can sit outside and not rust (no garage being, stored at the church where I got a big contract for) any ways after leaving the shop and getting on the highway my plow kept going down by itself and I would have to keep raising it with the control, when I got to the parking lot I found out that the top hose connection wasn't tight and had come loose spilling hydro fluid from my shop all the way to the lot. Now i fixed the connection and it stopped leaking and the plow stays raised now but I think i'm pretty low on hydro fluid, what type of fluid does the md75 require and where can I go get it ?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snowdogg Fluid. Get it from your dealer, if he did the assembly/install, he should top it off for free. Get an extra quart to keep in the truck.

3. Tundraplow07

Tundraplow07 Member

I Drove 2 hours to the dealer to get the install, I don't want to drive that far for fluids :( I'll just pay some out of pocket. can I get something at an autozone or advance auto parts ?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe but you need to use Snowdogg (or S.A.M.) blue fluid, you don't want to mix fluids. You are better off calling them and having them ship you a bottle or two. You do not want to mix fluids that is just asking for trouble.

5. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

I've seen the SAM fluid at my local Advance Auto.