1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new install 01 dodge 3500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ChevKid03, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well I bit the bullet and went brand new on a 9.5 xv2. Push plates are in and started the wiring. Might be me but having a bit of wiring issues when it comes to the lights. I got the HB1/HB5 harness and noticed the weird looking black plugs. The previous owner installed HID headlights and all I can find on the truck side of the headlight harness is the blue 3-wire headlight bulb connector. There doesn't seem to be a plug that would match up to the black one on the fisher harness. Any insight or help would be appreciated. Thx

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

maybe shoot some pics if you could

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Figured it out... the black plug on the fisher harness goes both ways... one way would be HB1...THE OTHER HB5

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Got to be careful of the ones that go both ways.

5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

You got that right

6. ozoneburner

ozoneburner Junior Member

I know this is old and irrelevant but I have the same truck and ran into the same issue with my blizzard plow: the HID's have 2 wire blue connectors, and the plow light harness has black 3 wire connectors.I was thinking I would need a new harness but you said " the harness goes both ways". Could you please explain to me what this means

7. dieselss

Hids are aftermarket. The plow harness is factory and matches to the tk so if you have hids then you you need to add an extra connector

8. ozoneburner

ozoneburner Junior Member

Thanks, where would one acquire such a connector? Something tells me my plow dealer is gunna look at me like I'm trying to wire HIDs to a space ship

9. dieselss

Any quility auto parts store. Or online. Make sure its water proof as well