1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New GMC 3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowman4, Jan 26, 2015.

1. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Now that I have your attention, I am putting together a factory order. I have a couple questions for you lads.

The new GM mirrors with the marker lights and puddle lights, are they only available on the SLT or SLE as well?

The snowplow prep package gives you a 220 amp alternator. In the options you can upgrade to dual alternators (not quite 220 amp each though). What would you do? Dual or single?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I have dual, prefer them. Ford offers 200 in single, twin 160's in dual.

3. get the dual system case if one goes down you can still work with the other

4. eludemann

eludemann Member

My 2015 SLE has the marker lights, but not the puddle lights.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd get dual alternators, also get the truck as optioned up as you can. Down the road it'll sell easier and for more $$ then a plain truck that there is thousands of around.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What are puddle lights?

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Fog lights?!?!

I have the dual alternators on my 2007 and have yet to have any problems with either and I'm at 335k km. I'm really impressed with it.

8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

On the GMC build & price site they show up as an available option on SLE Double Cab and Crew Cab, but not on Regular Cab.

"Power heated outside trailering mirror with turn signal, LED rear guidance lamp, running lamp, power folding and chrome cap"

SLE Regular Cab comes with the power adjustable, heated trailering mirrors with integrated turn signal, but no LED rear guidance lamps, puddle lamps or power folding option.

9. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

They shine on the ground. I assume to illuminate puddles. :)

[​IMG]

10. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

They are the lights on the bottom of the mirror that come on when you unlock the truck and open the door

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Thanks for the help!

12. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

SLT and Danali get the chrome mirror caps that include the power fold option, other wise you still get the led lights that light up the side of the truck as well as the amber lights in the mirror.

You are getting a diesel if you are talking dual alt. as that is not a option on the gas truck.

Dual alt. is a no brainer on a diesel.

The new 2015 is called a 2015.5