1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Fisher X-treme V BROKEN!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by weeman97, Dec 4, 2008.

1. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

:realmad: first night out! only when i got home from 13hrs of plowin i notice my driver side wing was loud. i get out to inspect it and low and behold both driver side trip springs real loose. take the truck to CPW and they said/ showed me that the trip edge bar broke the weld and bent. they said i had to hit a crub HARD which i did not. i only had what seemed and felt the regular trips. no truck stopping, teeth breaking trips! any clue if it was a factory fault or just anty up and pay the 650.00 for the new D.S. trip edge bar installed? please help! like i said first timeout, plow should hold if i spend 7k on it!:mad:

off rant.

2. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Any time a weld fails, it's important to understand where the failure actually occured. If a weld fails in the joint itself, that's an indicator of a welding process or material issue. Such as insufficient weld penetration or contaimination (materials not clean). Ideally the weld should be stronger then the base metals that are joined. If the joint fails in the base material, it could still be the result of a poorly controlled weld, where too much heat was applied and the metal was weakened in the heat effected zone.

Try posting a few close up shots of the failure, maybe we can see something that might help. But, if your dealer is claiming you hit a curb hard, there should be other evidence of that. Namely where did it supposedly hit.

Personally, I'd call Fisher directly and see what they say. I know you're pissed, and you have every right to be, but keep the conversation cool and professional. That alone can go a long way.

Hope this was helpful in some way.

3. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

thanks for the advice. i was really calm with the guys at CPW we joked laughed. i'll take pics 2maro. also the guys at CPW said this was the first plow they have seen do this. that kind of made me think.:waving:

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

It happens man, just get it ready bu Friday night! How the new truck push? we need some pics bud!:drinkup:

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

No, you should definitly not have to pay for that. The plow is under warranty, and furthurmore, even if you did hit a curb, you would have to hit one so hard, the least of your problems would be the plow. These plows are meant to hit things and meant to trip. Thats a BS excuse in my opinion. Someone should cover the cost of this repair, and its not you.

6. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

second that... if you hit something you would see other damage!

Be professional, but make them fix it!!

7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

should i start with fisher or cpw?

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Call Fisher direct. (207) 701-4200. You may want to PM Brian too, just give him a heads up, he maybe able to help you in the long run if you get Resistance. Stick your neck out man, fair is fair. These plows cost some serious dough, and are meant for for what they do. If you don't have any obvious signs of abuse on a brand new plow, and something is broken already, It's not your problem.

9. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

thanks repo

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

good luck man.

11. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

just got off the phone with fisher...they said take the truck to cpw and have them take pics and send them to fisher and will go from there

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

I would take some of your own pictures if you have a good camera. For your records as well as theres. Don't be shy to use another Fisher dealer if you have issues with CPW.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I can't believe that your warenty won't cover that. If Fisher dosn't pay for that it's just wrong.

14. TEX

TEX Senior Member

please let us know what happens.

15. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

FYI, you don't have time to wait for them to "decide" what to do.

You need to put your foot down and tell them to fix it ASAP!! You don't need to be rude, but be stern and do not back down.

16. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

yes cpw took pics on a camera phone all they had as warranty guy was out sick. and seemed real egar to help, i have a good repor with them i'm not a big buyer but i made sure they know me and take care of me. i also took pics on my digital camera will upload and post shortly.

17. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I got one..........

IMG_1281.JPG

18. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Oh crap, you guys wanted pics of his plow didn't ya....

19. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

HAHAHA NICE!!! any way here are the plow pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Midwest BuildIt Inc

What did they weld that with a soldering gun? lol

Really, that looks like there wasnt any penetration on those welds, if it was welded at all. I would say that should be warrantied.