1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Fisher X-treme V BROKEN!! PT. 2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by weeman97, Jul 25, 2009.

1. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

ok here we go again. not even winter and my plow is a paper weight. went to hook my plow up to move it to storage for the summer and fall. well get lined up and plow wont hook onto the truck due to the bottom of the A-frame bolts all being loose and not staying tight. were replaced once over winter. figure check the electrical yup handheld control is DEAD! and somehow one of my locking pins is bent. and looking at my push plates they seem a little tweaked! and also something with my wiring caused my marker light to go out. so i'm already off to a wonderful start. calling fisher on monday to try and get something figured out! i cant belive a 7K plow would basically fall apart under NORMAL working conditions!!!!!! NO ABUSE!!!!!!:angry: hope fisher stands up to there name like the last time!
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You would have thought the A frame bolts would have been rusted in place after 1 winter. Did you spray them with something? The handheld controller is something they have had issues with in the past.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The A-frame bolts are a joke. Too small, too coarse of a thread. I replaced mine with Grade 8 bolts. Still same size, coarse thread. But I bought them long enough to double nut them. And I bought a nice long box end wrench for the inside bolt head, and sockets for my 3/4 drive ratchet to really crank down on them. If they give me any more trouble, it's fine thread. Another thing that would help would be a good sized tab welded on the push frame to take most/all the force from the a-frame.

I'm guessing the bent pin and tweaked push plate are related. Sounds like maybe the plow wasn't put on correctly and a little pushing was done before it was realized. I've mismounted myself, it's easy to do. Now I triple check both pins. Literally three times. I have a tweaked plate as a result of the headgear swinging sideways.

As for the marker light, are both out, or just one? One is probably a blown bulb, two could be a corroded pin or receptacle in your plug. Should be easy to find/fix.
  4. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

the marker light is only one out. bulb and connectors have been replaced or cleaned. i figured the bent pin/ push plate were related. but remebered thr guy at CPW that put my plow together said havin the a-frame bolts coming loose could have something to do with it too. ijust hope this all gets worked out. i like fisher thats why i bought it!
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

If you post the video of you plowing this winter, i prob could give u a better idea on whats wrong:p
  6. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I would assume this plow was near less than a year ago?... Fisher does have a warranty issue with the center pin...I just returned from Fisher school and I was informed to look and see if the correct pin was installed.. you could have the wrong pin... They also are aware of the problem with the A frame bolts... It is also a warranty claim... I am sure that any fisher dealer is aware of these service bulletin.. So it should be no issue..

I am sure that you summerized your snowplow.. so it could be a simple problem why your control box is not working..

best of luck..