1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new F250 Squatting TOO much

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman4, May 21, 2013.

1. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Just bought a brand new F250

Anyone have a newer one and can post a picture of what their backleaf spring setup looks like please

My trucks squats like there is no tomorrow even with an empty trailer. It is worse than my 1500.

It's apparently even supposed to have the camper package which gets you a better suspension.

Somethings up. Thanks for your help

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

New longer leaf spring......softer ride.....dog downs with a little bit of weight. I also have camper package,u can tell by the sway bar plus I have the auxiliary spring pack

I also have air bags

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

My F250 squats pretty good with an atv in the bed and a loaded double atv trailer. My 2004 Dodge 2500 barely noticed the same load. Oh well.

4. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Time for air bags!

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I've noticed that the Fords I have owned squat easily but they seem to squat to the same point, regardless of the load. I replaced the 2" block in the rear with a 4" block so now a load levels the truck. Seemed to work!

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What yr you talking about?
    My 08 dosen't have a problem.

08 ford with grass in it.jpg

7. 1olddogtwo

U shredding your money again?

2011 and newer.

8. broke down

broke down Junior Member
    from se wi

Yep, bought a new 12 this winter and same thing. Took the set up out of my 97 and put in the new truck and it makes the truck look like I have 4,000 lbs in the back when I don't think the 97 squatted at all. Like others said I am looking at a 4 inch blocks for the rear or air bags. It does ride a whole lot smoother though guess that's the trade off, but to me it's annoying as hell.

9. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Thanks for the help. I guess it's normal and I guess I'm off to get some airbags :mechanic:

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Headed to Cali,they have a shortage of grass now;)

11. 1olddogtwo

Stop in Chicago, they are getting ready to legalize

12. Do not let Grandview fool you. He lifted the back of his truck up with the trailer jack!