1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brand new company first year plowing with video

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Outd00r Maint.., Dec 16, 2009.

1. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

so here a vid of us plowing the first storm which was around 12 inches of snow,
    was quite an experience, but we did make it out :)

in the vid you can see me plowing the entrance im going slow,and u will see me it the curb but its all good...xysport

we did have issues with the extreme-v on our first storm...the cylinder was leaking fluid,when we finished the contracts we had to add 1 liter and more of hydraulic fluid...my buddy knew a guy that used to work at place that installed plows so he knew what to do,he thighed something to the cylinder,all seem fine know but will have to go to the shop since its still on warranty

Ohh! and that my buddy speaking French to me...i was asking if i was doing a good job..lol

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

here's your vid.

<iframe src="http://www.zshare.net/videoplayer/player.php?SID=dl005&FID=69979889&FN=DSCN1366.AVI.flv&iframewidth=648&iframeheight=415&width=640&height=370&H=699798895a3ab5df" height="415" width="648" border=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

:sleeping::sleeping: Whats up with trying to gently let the plow drop. I wonder if doing that over the night had something to do with it leaking. Nice truck! It should have cleaned up that little bit of snow in about a minute.
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice truck and plow. looks as tho that was your first time ever in a plow truck?:dizzy:
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Put you plow into more scoop.
  6. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

looks good practice makes perfect.
  7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

:eek: Did you get any better as the night progressed?

Not trying to offend you but you need some practice and DO NOT be afraid of the plow, get that thing on the ground and move some snow. That is a V use it as such..if you were closer I would galdly take you out to practice. Maybe someone near you is available with experience.

Good luck in the future :)
  8. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

yea...newbie in the works....

i was trying to not tear up the lawn,thats what i find is tricky
  9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If you have to use marking stakes. You also need to keep an image in your mind of the property. Use natural markers like mailboxes, trees, shrubs, and curbs for reference.
  10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Is that lawn your picking up the plow to go over? Even if it is don't pick the plow up that much. One day you'll try it and get yourself hung up.
  11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

lower the plow! if the ground is frozen its harder to tear up, its your first year, you have still have alot to learn! good job otherwise.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

that was almost painful to watch.
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha, that's what I was thinking also.

Practice makes perfect, I do think some people are "naturally" much better at it then others though.
  14. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I find that I end up ripping up lawns anyways so I just don't worry about that too much. I mean I don't do it excessively, but sometimes you can't do much about it. I found I spend more time worrying about it than plowing. And I am a landscape company, so I can fix that stuff up in spring if need be. Some peoples grass is about 4" above the drive, so your gonna rip it up even if you lift the plow an inch, which would normally be enough. So don't worry about that too much. Some people complain. Just tell them you will fix it for them in spring.
  15. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

you are the weakest link.........................................GOODBYE!

16. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Pas pire! Avec un peu plus de pratique tu deviendra l'expert! :laughing:
  17. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

no need to criticize him, we have all been there, it wont take you long to get the hang of it. Youll figure out what you can and cant do, good luck this season. I just wish it would snow here. we are longer into the season with out snow in a long time.
  18. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

19. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Took a lot of balls to post a vid of your first plowing! You knew you would be hammered on here right? Everybody try to remember your first time plowing, and keep in mind it's his own equipment, not someone elses. Nothing wrong with being careful for a while. There is quite a learning curve for plowing. As long as everything gets done right and you come back with your equipment in one piece, your good. :nod:
  20. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Not a horrible start. Everyone was new at some point, and I don't care what anybody says, they didn't start out perfect. You have to believe in your plow. It's not going to break by putting it on the ground and pushing snow. Being new, it will take you some time to get used to it, especially properly using a V plow. As others have stated, keep practicing, you'll get better. Relax, let the plow do the work, bump your head along the way and learn from your mistakes, (you will probably make many and that's ok). If you hurt the lawn, just let the customer know, and assure them that you will fix it in the spring. The fact you're out there trying is important, the rest will come with time. Just make sure you're always up front and honest with your customers, do the best you can and you could build some really solid relationships along the way. Good Luck and happy plowing :waving: