1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brand new broken MVP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Team_Arctic, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

ok so i buy this 8.5 mvp at the end of last season cuz i got a good deal on it. i go to plow with it for the first time this last monday everything went well. we are due for another storm tonight/tommarow so i was inspecting my equipment today and getting things ready checking for loose bolts ect. when i notice that trip edge was broken where the edge attaches to the wing with the pins. ( circled in the picture) i was not even hard on the blade.. is this just a one in a million thing or have others had issues with something like this the replacement wing is like 1200.. i didnt even make that much with the snow fall if i have to replace a wing everytime it snows that will get old. i have an e-mail in with central parts to see if it is covered by warrenty.. any advice?\

plow parts.jpg
  2. wldbil98

wldbil98 Junior Member

Had the cutting edge brake a piece out and bend the bracket up when I hit a manhole in a condo cummty that was half an inch to high on one side
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Some of the early MVP+ blades had issues with the cutting edges. Well know issue with the new style plows, dealer should take care of it under warranty.
  4. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

im hoping that they do.. at 1200 for the wing.. thats a pricey fix. i would almost just buy a new plow side and keep this one for parts for that kinda money