1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new box blades at wholesale prices

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by nick leo, Feb 28, 2010.

1. nick leo

nick leo Junior Member

Selling 8' and 10' box blades. 8' blades go for 1799.00. 10' blades go for 1899.00. Email me at nick@saltycatequip.com for prices on other equip. Also and shipping costs.

NEW BLADE PICS 037.JPG

NEW BLADE PICS 012.JPG

NEW BLADE PICS 018.JPG

NEW BLADE PICS 027.JPG

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Is that a Steel Cutting edge...If so, does it trip????

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Are you a sponsor? If not you can't advertise on this site.

4. nick leo

nick leo Junior Member

Matson, yes it is a steel cutting edge. No it does not trip. The hole layout is centered so when one side wears, u can flip it over and use the other side. I'm not a big fan of the rubber cutting edge, i bought an avalanche 2 yrs ago and in my opinion it was the biggest piece of junk. They only used 1/8" metal and the rubber cutting edge split after a couple of pushes. They told me it would last for five yrs. I found out quickly that wasn't true. My blade is made with 1/4" steel, thats one of the reasons why i started making them, cause i wanted something that would last for myself. The avalache also buckled at the attach point, thats how weak they are. Thx, nick.

5. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

so basically a dozer blade? ther is a reason they have rubber cutting edges on them.... have fun replacing the pavement you mess up every year... or kissing hte windshield of the cat when your pushin a pile...

6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

if you look at the this guys site they make a salt spreader that goes on top yes i said on top of a skid steeer never saw that before

7. nick leo

nick leo Junior Member

Northern, never had a prob messing up any pavement out of 15 years pushing snow... I guess we need to use rubber on all truck plows also...

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

No, not exactly the same thing. All truck blades have a trip mechanism built into them. Every major manu. of pushers uses either rubber or a steel TRIP edge AFAIK, for good reason. Your boxes do look to be built well otherwise.

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Joe...I think you should be the Test Pilot for these pushers....Let me know how many times your head hits the windshield....

10. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

AH, well.... No thanks there pal. It's not my head I'd be so worried about, it's my lack of dental insurance that would have me concerned.......

11. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Do they offer a rear mount for a truck?

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

For the pusher?.....or the skid steer roof mounted salt spreader?

With a user name like yours, you would be a good candidate for testing the snowshark.

13. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Hey thanks for getting back so quickly. I was referring to the pusher for pulling snow out away from curbs.etc.Also size,weight and cost of it.I would gladly test the unit out,however I'm not to awful rough on the equipment.Lol Just a quick note on the name though . It is referring to Jesus.

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned