1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New Blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 98Chevy2500, Dec 30, 2014.

1. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Just throwing this out there to see if anybody is interested. We have a brand new, never seen snow, Blizzard 810 up for sale. I believe it is a 05- 07 model possibly, have to check the serial number to be sure. It was assembled and tested, then placed on the shelf as a spare. Slowly transitioning away from truck plows and more towards equipment, time to start thinning the herd a bit as we have 7 other 810's.

Before I get asked, it is a true 810, not a DD 8100, so it uses the old style Power Hitch bracket. Plow only, no bracket, wiring, etc. I do have a bunch of used mounts, wiring etc. for the right price.

If someone is definetely interested, I can pull it off the shelf and take pics, it basically looks like a brand new 810 that never saw snow!

Asking $5,500 OBO.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Little high imo
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Where did all the posts go asking if the op was nuts asking that much for an incomplete, old model plow ???
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

lol....here we go again.

I'll try a different approach this time.....

I'll give you $1500 for it. I'll come down Saturday & pick it up. Let me know, so I can give my father-in-law a call & kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone.
  5. 98Chevy2500

Really? You do realize that these plows sold for $6,500 plus, unless there a lot cheaper in illinoiz.....

Yep, I threw a high price on it, if someone is reasonable there's a possibilty of getting mount, wiring, etc. thrown in the deal. Theres a lot of guys that value the quality of the older blizzards, easy to work on, dependable, efficient, etc.

By the way, I sold the oldest well worn 810 (rather grudgingly on my part) for $1,500 a couple years back...I don't need to sell this one, doesn't owe we a dime!
  6. 98Chevy2500

Everybody's opinion matters....
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I wish you luck in your sale, and I respect trying to get top dollar from something being sold....but $5500 for what you have is not even close to "reasonable".
  8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Sound like a good deal if a person wants the old type blizzards that is mint condition . I'll pass this on to a family member
    He is die hard Blizzard fan I seen him buy old ones and fully rebuild them He wont buy a DD model.
  9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

No offense but I payed 5300$ for an installed brand new 810.One thought,its not new,its unused.Not sure but could all the seals and rubber parts be in need of replacing? If you were local I'd jump on it for maybe 3500$.I just got quotes for a 8611(full size) complete for 5800$(no install)
  10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Kind of a rare piece as its the old style and brand new. I don't know Blizzard plows but a buddy just picked up a new Speed Wing, complete with everything for $5400 cash and carry. I know the 810 is different so that would put it at say $6000 complete with a mount, harness and controller???

Not trying to beat up your post but I'll have to agree, it is grossly over priced. Figure you're selling a new plow for more than née price. How much is a new mount and all the wiring? $1500? Add that to your price and youre well over the price of a brand new one. Why would someone pay new retail for a new old style plow and used mount/wiring when they can have a brand new one for less? There's a buyer for everything though...unfortunately those buyers are probably here and $3500 is about all it's worth.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well put.

Old NOS plow would be cool to own, but your assessment is realistic about old seals, etc. Biggest issue is a new plow would have a WARRANTY as the NOS. Would be on your own.

Its not a collectors item, classic car, but an old NOS tool for sale

For $3000 it might be a good buy
  12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

that price is crazy......perhaps if it was a complete set up.

when I sold my one of a kind SS Vee plow (factory made), I never even thought of asking such a crazy number.
  13. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I think to most of us who don't use blizzard or especially pre DD blizzard its ridiculous. But from I hear from the guys that LOVE pre DD blizzard its not out in left field. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a blizzard nut pay that or something close. Again these guys don't care much about the mounts since they already have them on their trucks. Just have to remember the chance to buy an unused plow that old is an extreme rarity. And those era plows have an almost cult like following. Could def red a pre DD 8611 brining that.
  14. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

This has me thinking about buying a bunch of boss plows, leaving them in the crate and selling them in 5-10 years as pre Toro plows
  15. 98Chevy2500

Learn something new everyday.....guess plows are cheaper up north. I paid $6,300 for our first 810, in the early 2000's. Look at it this way, just the valve body, pump, motor combo brings $2,500 from Blizzard. I can part it out on fleabay and get at least the asking price in parts.

As far as seals, hoses, etc., there all fine, unit has been stored inside since day one.
  16. 98Chevy2500

Pretty obvious since it was used and a VEE is so inefficient compared to a 810....
  17. 98Chevy2500

That is a great price on a speed wing, though not anywhere near as efficient as an 810

If a prospective buyer wants to be reasonable, they might just get a mount, wiring, controller, etc. included for less than asking price.
  18. 98Chevy2500

Might be on to something here!
  19. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So what's your bottom line?
  20. 98Chevy2500

Make an offer!