1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new Blizzard 760LT 03+ Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mike0955, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

Brand new, never plowed blizzard 760 LT with complete set up for an 03+ chevy 1500 series pickup. I had the whole thing put on my 03, and then traded the truck for a 3/4 ton, only to find that blizzard does not make a mount to put a LT blade on a 3/4 truck. So, I am stuck with a brand new plow. I paid $3145 plus tax plus an extra $85 for the touch pad controller. I am looking for reasonable offers. I can meet within a couple hundred miles or so. Need to sell asap. Thank you!

Mike D'Agostino
  2. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

Anyone interested?
  3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Dang Mike, that sucks. Can't one of the mounts be retrofited/modified somehow? I'm glad that you posted this as I was planning doing the same thing when I move into a 3/4 ton. I have a 2000 1500 with 760LT right now. Nice to know this info, when and if I sell my current rig I guess I may as well sell it as a package.

Anyway, good luck and hope you sell the plow, they are nice units no doubt about that.

4. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

No unfortunately you cannot make any of the mounts fit. I also tried to get a mount that would fit my 97 ford f-150 and it did not fit right either, so I am pretty much screwed unless I trade the f-150 for another 1/2 ton chevy. They do not make a mount for the LT for and 3/4 ton truck, its very very stupid. Other than that it seems like a great set up.
  5. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Mike Blizzard makes a mount for a 1997 f150 that fits the 760lt.
  6. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

We had blizzard send out 2 differant mounts for the 97 and neither one would fit, so either I got an oddball mount or an oddball truck, either way I got screwed because I already had the wiring all installed.
  7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

If you still have the plow and its around this fall/winter I may be intersted. Do you know if it will mount up on a Dodge Ram 1500?
  8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Mike, interested in what mounts they sent to you. The 97 model year should be the 92-98 mount #31056. Some of the 150's had different frames but the mount still fits them. The change would be if they gave you a late 98-2003 body style truck and titled it as a 97, this would take a newer style mount. This has occured at a few dealers here. If you send a pict of the front of the truck showing the bumper / fender I can let you know what frame you need.