1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New 97 OBS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by FordFisherman, Dec 26, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

2. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

Wow.. you don't see thats everyday.. who owns it Jay Leno.. rotf.. Nice truck though.

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

beautiful. none of today's truck can hold a candle to the looks or the toughness of these fords.

$15k for a brand new ford of this era is a steal compared to what you would pay for a new truck today. gotta keep an eye on this and see where it goes.

4. FordFisherman

from 06611

I'd love to buy it but it would hurt to put it to work.....

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

Original sticker says 28K

6. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

wow that truck is awesome.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

To bad its gas blahhhh.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

dumb a$$ has his pics mixed up also. got a 5.0 engine pic and a 2wd style gm front suspension pic posted.

if he is getting the pics wrong i wounder if there is somthing fishy on this deal.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It is a nice truck. But he says it is a 429 5.1 liter, lol. If you look close at the window sticker, it is a 7.5 liter 460. Dummy doesnt even know what he has

10. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

lmao.. nope he doesn't know what he has.. i see he explained the pic of the 5.0 now.. but still claims it's a 429 5.1 ltr... maybe i'm wrong but isn't the 429 a 7.0 litre......... looks like an ebay scam to me, or some dumb azz that got that left to them in a will...

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Someone in Akron or close to it should make the trip to see if its a scam or not.

12. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

smells like a scam to me

13. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

14. FordFisherman

from 06611

I'm not the seller and don't have any association whatsoever w/ him. Just thought it was an unusual find and I know alot of guys on here like the OBS Fords.

15. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I want I want I want...

16. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

too bad is not a p-stroke

17. FordFisherman

from 06611

I was thinking the same thing, but its still a damn nice rig. And the fact that you can't buy em' new like that anymore makes it alot more interesting.

18. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Im just south of akron at my girls parents house for the holidays. Heading back to Cleveland tomorrow. I am going to take a look at it.

19. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It does smell a little fishy.

20. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

Last year I saw one just like this with a powerstroke in cherry red brand new, same type of keep in a heated garage for 12 yrs story...why??? Doesn't make any sense, its a Ford, not a Ferrari,lol...