1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new 9'2" VXT problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NCat496, Dec 23, 2012.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I went out the other morning and the plow ran great for the first time but I was checking the torque on all of the bolts after its first time out and here is what I noticed. Also I was not stacking snow either. First of all the trip springs are somehow rubbing on the bottom of the lift tower. Is there supposed to be some stopper there so this doesn't happen. My deflector is also ripping in the corner.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

The lift tower

3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

The trip springs

4. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

The trip springs up close

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just the way the springs are.

6. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Get rid of the "Lemon" and buy a Fisher................:laughing::laughing:

Disclaimer.......Just a Joke....So everyone calm down..........

7. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

same thing happen to my deflector had an 8'2" and didn't do it wonder if you have to angle the metal like the 8'2"

8. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Did they warrant it? And what do you mean angle the metal?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nature of the beast for the springs to touch the light tower. They've been that way for years and while it isn't detrimental to operation- why they've never addressed it is beyond me.

Can't tell in your deflector pic but perhaps it's installed it incorrectly Look's like the strapping may be too far in toward the hinge which is tough on the rubber and thus will cause it to crack/tear prematurely. It needs room to flex as the wings move.

10. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Thanks B&B, it seems like it started at the corner of the piece of steel and ripped from there. Hopefully they will warranty it.

11. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

looks like you have a blown ram or hose somewhere . why is there hydraulic oil all over the plow ???

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  12. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

No it's just fluid film

13. Spool it up

kool. whats that go for a gallon ?

14. Spool it up

looks like it would be difficult to trace a pinholed hose or loose fitting squirting . defeats the purpose of detecting or overlooking a problem to me

15. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I bought a 2 gallons 3 years ago and I still have some left so I don't remember the price. I over did it a little, it won't say on like that all season there will still be a films on the steel where you could notice something wrong or leaking.

16. Spool it up

17. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

How do you like the new DXT?

18. Spool it up

we got 2 10' er's last august . havent used them yet .was told that Boss made DXT's in 92 / 82 but only made 25. . Thats what a guy Jim in Virginia said on this site. I would have went with 1 92 if it was avail.
    Boss dosent even have the 82,92 listed or shown on their website, but i seen them on here somewhere .

19. Spool it up

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  20. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I know I thought it was only available in 10' until I saw his posts about the other ones. Because wheni ordered my plow in. August I asked about the dxt they only know about the 10'