1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new 8ft pro plus spare parts?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dabears8430, Oct 21, 2011.

1. dabears8430

dabears8430 Junior Member

new to owning my own plow; just wondering what would be some good parts to keep on hand for the proplus 8ft?

thanks

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

hoses bottle jack wrenches extra fluid a trip spring and eye bolt

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There is an emergency parts kit available from Western. My wide-out kit has a power relay, one of each length of hose, a spring, some pins, a litre of fluid and a western tuke too. The eye bolts are a good idea to have too. I plan to add a spare headlamp bulb for the nighthawks and a selection of fuses the same as what is on the plow. I will for sure carry a small tool box so I can change a hose when it breaks. So many people carry the spare parts but when push comes to shove and they actually need to change something on the job they don't have the tools to do it. Get a multi tip screw driver, an adjustable wrench, a soft hammer, a 1/2 - 9/16, an 11/16 and a 3/4" wrenches. Depending on what kind of plow setup you have you should find a little funnel so you can get the oil in the filler hole. Some plows need a double 90 adapter or a very flexy funnel neck. Of course, needles to say, get a little flashlight so you can see what you are fixing.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

A headlamp is worth gold, you have light and still two hands.

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That's an awsome thought, I have a magnetic flashlight but the headlamp sounds better. I assume you are talking about the minor's type light that you wear on your head right?

6. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Yep! Petzl makes a killer led headlamp. Keep extra batteries handy because the cold weather seems to drain them when left in the truck.