1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New 810PP Quit Working! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by HemiRamOn22s, Dec 16, 2010.

1. HemiRamOn22s

HemiRamOn22s Junior Member

Just had my brand new 810 Power plow put on my 2011 silverado this past monday. Im using it today had one wing straight the other one in bucket as i was windrowing. i straighten the blade and lift it up and pull in both wings and it quits working. The controller is lit up but it wont respond and the red power light is out. I checked at the plow and the controls on the light bar wont respond either. Ive used the plow a total of 5 minutes since i bought it... what could it be? I check the fuses and all are good. Also pulled the two main plugs apart and put them back together. Seems as tho i have power out to the fuses on the plow and at the control module on the truck when i check with my tester. Any ideas? Right now the plow is up and i can drive down the road but my headlights only work on my truck. The plow wont function at all? Help please!!! :(

2. ppetroska

ppetroska Junior Member

Probably won't make a difference but sometimes stupid stuff happens: did you use dielectric grease at the harness connectors?

3. HemiRamOn22s

i saw another post where you took that apart and cleaned it and put new grease on and put it back together. Im going to try that first thing in the morning. any other ideas?

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

This may sound ridiculous, but the controller shuts off after a few minutes of non use. Maybe you just have to hit the power button again to turn it back on?? I'm not trying to be mean, just saying

5. damian

damian Senior Member

check the power switch at the plow, the most forward switch,make sure it is plugged in fully in the back and in the on position which is forward.let us know how you do.

6. HemiRamOn22s

it doesnt respond. i said that in my first post. my lights arent working on the plow and the control at the light bar arent working.

7. T.French

T.French Member

Check power wire where it goes into fuse box,Check ground also make sure switch on control box is in the right position.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Did you do the install or a dealer? If you cant figure it out take it to the dealer. Good luck.

9. fishinmedic

fishinmedic Junior Member

I had the same thing happen with my new Speedwing. After two days in the shop it ended up being the control box mounted in the engine compartment was bad. They replaced it and it worked fine thru the 13 inches and 17 accounts last weekend.

10. HemiRamOn22s

i finally had sometime to play with it today. i had it installed at the dealer just bc i was too busy at the time. normally i would install it. it turned out to be a bad ground location. you would think they would know what they were doing but they didnt. it was an easy fix and it works fine now. thanks for the help guys. ill get some pics up the next time it snows. :D