1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brand new 2500 and boss

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by builtupbowtie, Oct 24, 2009.

1. builtupbowtie

builtupbowtie Junior Member
    from Oh

What's up guys I'm new and this is my very first post. I will be purchasing a 2009 chevy 2500 and the dealer will be fitting it with a Boss plow of my choice(leaning towards the 8ft poly super duty) my question is should I turn the tosion bars up before they install the plow mount on the truck? the front is way to low from factory for my likeing. my concern is that if i dont do it before they install the mount I will turn the torsion bars up after and not be able to attach and detach the plow from the truck. totally new to plowing but experienced with Chevy trucks. thanks for any help

2. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

The dealer (Boss) should turn them up to make the mount the correct height.Ask the Boss dealer to note the turns of the torsion bar bolts on your work order so you can turn them back down in the spring. Thats what my dealer did for me anyway. It has worked well for three yrs now.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've mentioned it many times in the past but here it is again.. always always always set the truck height BEFORE installing the mount at the correct height.

No reason to do it twice....

4. builtupbowtie

from Oh

thank you sir! that's what I figured but I am totally new to plowing

5. Mr. C

Mr. C Junior Member

My 2009 2500 HD Crew front wheel well is 40.75 " high. The mount is at the recommended height of 15.5" and is bolted into the bottom set of holes. They did not have to cut the airdam. If you can get that height with your current keys, you should be set. If not, see the end of my post in the BOSS section. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84370

-mc

6. builtupbowtie

from Oh

well it's being installed tomorrow. I went with the 8ft super duty xt. a reputable dealer is doing it but I forgot to ask will I still keep my tow hooks upfront or does the mount require them to be removed?