1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 99 z71Silverado, Dec 12, 2005.

1. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

anybody running drilled or slotted rotors? any problems with them?( i heard some guys mentioning them shattering- I'm not sure if they were just cheap) How do they perform and are they worth it. I have stock rotors and it seems after plowing for awhile the brakes start to su*k. For having four wheel disc brakes i think they would stop much better.
  2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Try Power Slot rotors and Hawk pads. Once mine are gone that's what I am replacing them with.
  3. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

Any one else got diffrent rotors
  4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Never ran them on a truck, but I know that on a car, slotted or drilled rotors=shorter pad life.

JKOOPERS Senior Member

i got 105000 miles out of my original brakes , with pulling a trailer full of mowers 5 days a week . i went to napa and went ahead and bought ceramic pads with lifetime warranty and rotors all the way aroud the truck.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I bought a couple sets of lifetime warrety pads--then the manufacturer up and pulled out of Canada, taking my warrenty with them. Nice of them, huh?