1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake Time

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikelawtown, Oct 20, 2007.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

2002 chev 2500 ext cab...What are you guys happy with when replacing your pads?.I was thinking wagner or Napa.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Callahan Brake pads all the way. Big Tom Callahan makes the Rolls Royce of brake pads and if you don't believe me just watch the movie Tommy Boy.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

But there's no warranty on the box!

Go with ceramics .
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mike, head over to your local NAPA and pick up a set of their new "Adaptive One" brake pads...not cheap but very good. EBC pads are very good too but you'd probably have trouble finding them local.
  5. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I buy my pads from the Chevy dealer. What I pay at AutoZone for a good pads, I can buy pads from the dealer. I was talking a counter guy at a company in town that does brake work on big trucks. He told me that brake pads have a different mix of material in them, Ceramic, Metallic and other . Each material or mix of material preforms different. The last brake job I did on my truck I used Chevy pads, when I was done I could not tell a difference in the braking performance with the new pads. Using other pads I have always noticed a difference in the braking performance, not as good as before.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Must of missed something today.:confused:
  7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto :help: